After a poking around the xml template for my site, and playing around with the Digg code, I’ve figured out how to add a Digg button to my posts.
Listed below is a quick how-to for adding this functionality to your website too.
- Make sure your blog is set to enable Post Pages and you are using the new Blogger, not the classic version
- Go to the customization section of your blog, on the Template tab select Edit HTML
- Make sure to click Download Full Template and save a backup copy to disk – just in case.
- Put a check in Expand Widget Templates.
- Search for
Update: November 5th, 2008
It has come to my attention that some templates use a slightly different formatting. If you cannot find the text listed above – try searching for
<data:post.body/>and follow the rest of the instructions.
- Paste this on the line directly before it:
<div style='float:right; margin-left:10px;'>
- Preview your template to make sure it looks right – the Digg icon should appear at the top right of all your posts. Hover your cursor over it and make sure the link URL matches your post URL.
- If all looks well, click Save Template and then View your blog